Wednesday, January 02, 2008

 

#1 Wilco - Sky Blue Sky

I'm ashamed to admit I hadn't listened to Wilco until this was released. I was missing out big time. Something about this album just struck a chord with me. I actually started paying attention to VW commercials. I had to go out and start buying all of their albums. This was another simple, laid back album like Spoon that just felt right. Little did I know that this was actually a departure from the experimental direction the band had been going. Jeff Tweedy writes awesome songs and deserves more credit than he gets. There's a sense of hope through out this album and it's nice to hear it. Sometimes that's all you need from music. This is a great album to listen to in the fall when the leaves are turning and you just want to sit back and relax. I really need to see this band live. If you only check out one album on this list then I suggest this. I realize that should be obvious but it's an album that I think anyone can fall in love with.

Highlights:
Either Way
Shake It Off
Impossible Germany

Favorite Lyrics:
“Maybe you still love me maybe you don't
Either you will or you won't
Maybe you just need some time alone
I will try to understand
Everything has its plan
Either way I'm going to stay right for you”

“With the sky blue sky, this rotten time
Wouldn't seem so bad to me now
Oh, if I didn't die I should be satisfied I survived
It's good enough for now”


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?