Thursday, December 20, 2007

 

#24 Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger

Lately Ryan Adams can’t let a year go by without releasing something. He released a full length and an EP this year alone. I don’t know how he can consistently put out solid releases; it will have to end eventually although I hope it doesn’t. I nearly put the EP on here just for his cover of Alice in Chains’ “Down in a Hole.” Most of this album displays the country side of Ryan Adams, although he touches on his rock side with “Halloween Head.” Some of the songs are very reminiscent of Neil Young. Something about his voice and lyrics just make him seem so vulnerable and easy to relate to. I love to put this album on and just zone out. I initially got into Adams based on his rock sound but I’m starting to prefer the style closer to this album. I hope Ryan can keep up with his trend and release some stellar albums again next year.

Highlights:
Halloween Head
These Girls
Goodnight Rose

Favorite Lyrics:
“God bless all the late night girls,
and they're coming out to play.
I've been stranded in their doorstep
for every night and day.
I only want them more,
how sad,
but when they smile,
how can anybody feel bad?
It makes me tired and I wanna go to bed
These girls are better off in my head.”

“I taught myself how to grow
Without any love and there was poison in the rain
I taught myself how to grow
'Til I was crooked on the outside, inside's broke
I taught myself how to grow old”


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?