Tuesday, December 25, 2007

 

#22 Jonah Matranga - And

Jonah makes some of the most heartfelt songs I’ve ever heard. I finally got to see him live recently and was blown away with how personal the shows are and how nice Jonah is to everyone that approaches him. It’s nice to hear songs about hope and about going through the emotions of dealing with your child’s problems and other real life situations in a time when most songs are nonsense. Jonah pours his heart out in these songs and at the same time manages to mask the lyrics in catchy pop tunes. The songs range from pop to folk/rock and all have that Jonah feel to them.

Highlights:
So Long
Lost, Then Found
Definitely, Definitely, Definitely

Favorite Lyrics:
"We've been through a lot.
We've gone a lot of miles.
And with a little luck we'll keep going for a long while.
So for every aching night and every perfect day.
When I ask if you love me, don't laugh or turn away.
I love you all the time,
But I can't read your mind."

"Always say the best is lost, then found.
Whatever it is you're going through the best things in life are coming around.
The future’s just a worry, the past is just a dream.
This isn't my opinion, it's only what I've seen."


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?