Wednesday, December 26, 2007

 

#21 Lily Allen - Alright, Still

This album is my guilty pleasure. It’s straight up pop and I love it. When I first heard LDN on Lily’s myspace page back before the album came out it was stuck in my head for weeks. The thing I love the most about this album is the reggae/ska influence reminiscent of The Specials, which is displayed on numerous songs. Every year I find an album that fulfills my craving for off beat ska rhythms. Lily has a great voice and a knack for writing witty and often hilarious lyrics; that is, if she writes the songs herself. The comedy should come as no surprise since her dad is British comedian Keith Allen. She also has some serious songs such as the amazing “Littlest Things.” I hope Lily can keep up the good work and release another album while juggling a tv show and a new baby.

Highlights:
LDN
Shame for You
Knock ‘em Out

Favorite Lyrics:
“The littlest things that take me there,
I know it sounds lame, but it's so true.
I know its not right, but it seems unfair,
That things are reminding me of you.”

“What happened to the good old days?
I was kinda hoping this was all a stupid phase
Who are you anyway?
I know you've heard this all before
I know some people who are calling you a whore
Don't know you anymore”


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?