Saturday, December 23, 2006

 

#9 Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat

I got this album around this time last year. Little did I know I would still be listening to it now. This album was a mainstay in my cd player all year. This is the closest thing to country that you will ever hear me listening to by choice (other than the old stuff like Johnny Cash). Something about Jenny’s voice is just soothing. I don’t even know what to call it when combined with the Watson Twins. Seeing them live pushed this album even more into my rotation. This is definitely one of the better side project bands I have ever heard. One of the highlights of the album is their cover of the Traveling Wilburys’ “Handle with Care”, which features Connor Oberst, M Ward and Ben Gibbard on vocals.



Highlights:
Handle with Care
Rise Up With Fists
Melt Your Heart

Favorite Lyrics:
what are you changing?
who do you think you're changing?
you can't change things
we're all stuck in our ways
it's like trying to clean the ocean
what do you think, you can drain it?
well it was poison and dry
long before you came”

“when you're kissing someone who's too much like you
it's like kissing on the mirror
when you're sleeping with someone who doesn't get you
you're going to hate yourself in the morning
it's bound to melt your heart
one way or another"


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?