Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

#21 (+44) - When Your Heart Stops Beating

When I heard the Angels and Airwaves cd this year it made me miss Blink 182 a lot. This album on the other hand, has weakened that blow substantially. This album showed me that Mark Hoppus was everything I loved about Blink. Catchy choruses with great lyrics. That’s all you really need. The songs range from slower rock songs to in your face pop-punk goodness. Some songs even have electronic elements in them. I wish this album had been out in the summer because it would be a great summer album. I’m glad Mark and Travis kept moving in the direction that Blink had been moving instead of trying to be some U2 rip-off band (don’t get me wrong, the AVA cd is enjoyable but it’s not that great). This is one of those albums that I can just put on and rock out to. Sometimes a little pop-punk is all a guy needs. I saw these guys live and Travis was drumming with only one arm….it was nothing short of amazing. I don’t know what that has to do with the album but I felt that it needed to be said.


Highlights:
When Your Heart Stops Beating
Make You Smile
155

Favorite Lyrics:
“The past is just the future with the lights on”

“If I could, I'd only want to make you smile
If you would stay with me a while”


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?