Friday, December 15, 2006

 

#20 My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

I really thought I would hate this album. The first few times I heard the single, I was very disappointed. I was completely uninterested in the album until I heard the single on the radio at work a week or so before the album came out. Suddenly my mind was completely changed and I can’t explain why. Once I was able to digest the album in its entirety, it became clear that MCR have embraced their fame and are able to live up to the expectations of most of their fans. Although some people will say that they just ripped off Green Day’s formula for a great concept album/rock opera, I really don’t see why that’s a bad thing. They still create a dark mood as they did with their first 2 albums, but they were able to build on this and create a storyline and great music that goes beyond what anyone would have expected from this release. They still rock out but they also slow it down and vary the tempo throughout the album to make it interesting. Now if I could just pretend I never heard the hidden track…

Highlights:
Teenagers
House of the Wolves
This Is How I Disappear

Favorite Lyrics:
“teenagers scare the living shit out of me”

“Just sleep,
The hardest part is letting go of
Your dreams”


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?