Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 

#14 Pete Yorn - Nightcrawler

I have no idea why I downloaded this album, but I sure am glad I did. I liked one of his previous singles but had never gotten into him. This album is pure gold in terms of singer/songwriter type music. Pete has created an album full of great pop songs that he delivers with his slightly shaky voice. The songs are all very chill, it's a great album to just kick back and relax to. This is the kind of music that should be on the radio. It isn't hard to digest and the masses would eat it up. Maybe Pete doesn't want it that way.




Highlights:
For Us
Splendid Isolation
Undercover

Favorite Lyrics:
“You say your empty mind is easy when it's drugged.
I watched you fall out of bed and scrape up your back. Well, maybe this life is like the drug.
This life is like the drug.”

“Don't want to wake up with no one beside me
Don't want to take up with nobody new
Don't want nobody coming by without calling first
Don't want nothing to do with you”


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?