Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 

#13 Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

This is one of the first albums I was in love with this year. It did not age as well as Bloc Party did last year but it’s still amazing. It just makes me want to shake my moneymaker. They are one of the most hyped bands I have ever listened to and I think they deserved every bit of it. They mix clever lyrics with danceable rock (all the kids are doing it these days). The English accents add another lovable aspect to the music. The album starts off fast and never lets up. The album ends on one of my favorite songs of the year.



Highlights:
A Certain Romance
The View From the Afternoon
From the Ritz to the Rubble

Favorite Lyrics:
“There's only music, so that there's new ringtones”

“Stop making the eyes at me
I'll stop making the eyes at you
And what it is that surprises me
Is that I don't really want you to”


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?