Friday, December 22, 2006

 

#12 Brand New - The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me

Probably my most anticipated release of the last 3 years. I don’t want to call this a disappointment because it’s a great album. It’s just that after hearing the demos that leaked earlier in the year, I was expecting something different. The album has grown on me with each listen. Although the band has been very tight lipped about the past couple years, judging from the lyrics it seems they have had some rough times. Their song writing is a lot darker than their previous efforts, both lyrically and musically. The songs have all sounded even more amazing live. If you see their new video on mtv2, don’t use it to judge the album. It is the worst “song” on the album and was released as a single to piss off their label. Another problem I have with the album is that the packaging is one of the worst things ever. This album could have been the worst thing I have ever heard and I still would have loved it just because it was something new from one of my favorite bands.


Highlights:
Degausser
The Archers Bows Have Broken
Welcome to Bangkok

Favorite Lyrics:
“In the choir, I saw our sad Messiah.
He was bored and tired of my laments.
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"”

“Please don't be technology
Cause I can't turn off your love
Like some cold machine
Don’t feed me scraps from your bed
And I won't be the stray coming back
Just to be fed"


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?