Saturday, December 23, 2006

 

#10 RX Bandits - ...and the Battle Begun

RX Bandits are one of those bands that I always heard about but never bothered checking out. I am so glad I finally gave them a shot on the new album. It’s the best ska type album I have heard in quite some time. They do a great job of mixing ska, punk and reggae while keeping it original. I can listen to this album over and over and never get tired of it. From the opening untitled intro track, the album just grabs you and won’t let go. At times, the vocal harmonies are chilling. Sometimes the songs even have a prog rock feel except with horns in them too. This album just keeps getting better with every listen. I already moved it up multiple spots since I started making the list.



Highlights:
Apparition
1980
Only for the Night

Favorite Lyrics:
“Am I crazy because I want to touch your skin?
Is it ludicrous that I’ve got nothing to believe in that was built by human hands or controlled by demand?
So if love is true, let’s burn the factory, take off your shoes it’s time for dancing”

“She says she’s gonna come over tonight
Look like a ghost sound like a whisper shivering down my spine
I’m just a traveling soul, say you’d never leave me low
Tell me you need me so tonight”


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?