Sunday, December 11, 2005

 

#22 Bright Eyes - Digital Ash in a Digital Urn/I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning

Until these albums were released, I was not much of a Bright Eyes fan. I had trouble enjoying Conor Oberst’s voice, but with these releases I was able to get used to it. There is a reason I have listed them as one album. First of all, they were released on the same day and could very well be a double album that has one side of acoustic music and one side of more electronic rock. The main reason is that I started listening to Digital Ash and didn’t pay much attention to Wide Awake; Digital Urn seemed to suit me more at the time. Recently I have started listening to Wide Awake more often. It’s a mix of singer songwriter type music and country if country was good. Although I don’t agree with most of the political aspects of the album, they are not so overwhelming that I can not enjoy the album. I would recommend the songs “Easy, Lucky, Free” and “Lua” as starting points for each album.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?