Tuesday, December 13, 2005

 

#20 Bayside

The first time I listened to this album was at work and as soon as “Devotion and Desire” hit my ears I was blown away and immediately stopped doing my work. There is so much emotion in the lyrics and the music fits this perfectly. I was lucky enough to see them play this fall before their drummer was killed in a van accident on the way to a show. The band continued to tour as an acoustic act for the rest of the tour; this shows me that the band has a lot of courage and I greatly respect them. The lyrics are somewhat dark and honest as they were on the last album, which I think is a great change from some of the bands I listen to. I hope that the band can find a new drummer and continue to write great music. I would recommend this band to anyone that likes Alkaline Trio, the vocals are very similar.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?